Note: this function is only available to the group owner and group operators.
An image slider allows you to have a widget with a slideshow within your group. You are also able to hyperlink each image to other content.
Add the Image Slider widget
Go to your group
- Click the Add Widgets button
- A pop-up box will appear. Find Image Slider and click Add widget.
- Close the pop-up box
Configure the Image Slider widget
- Click the gear on the top-right of your Image Slider widget to open settings.
- Click Slide - 1 to edit the first slide.
- Under Image URL, enter the URL of the desired image.
- Under Text, write the text that will appear somewhere on your image.
- In the Link, enter the destination URL. By doing so, the user will be directed to the URL upon clicking the image. This step is optional.
- Under Direction, indicate where your text will be located on your image.
- (Optional) Scroll Down. Adjust the slider type, number of seconds per slide (default is 10 seconds per image), height of slides (default is 300 pixels), and overlay color (default is 4690D6).
- Choose the Access settings. The default setting is the group only.
- Repeat the above steps for each slide as needed (maximum 5 slides).
- Click Save.