The Wire is a microblogging feature similar to Twitter. Using 250 characters you can share content, including images and gifs, for everyone on GCconnex to read, consult and use. Great examples of Wire posts include open events, announcements, call-outs for information, or promoting a GCconnex group or resource.
How to view the Wire
- Click The Wire on the main navigation bar
- Use tabs to filter the posts you want to see
How to create a Wire post
- Click the Wire on the main navigation bar.
- Insert text into text box under Create a Wire Post (Note: Remaining character limit is shown).
- Click Post
You can add hashtags, @mentions, and images and gifs to your post:
- To add a hashtag, type # followed by your keywords without spaces
- To @mention another user type "@" followed by their name or username. Their name should appear in a drop-down list, which you can click on. The user will be notified that you mentioned them.
- To add an image or gif, either drag and drop a file from your computer into the text box, or click “attach image” under the text box to choose and upload the image file.
- The image or gif you selected should appear under the text box before you post, and you can click "remove image" if you wish to select a different image.
- You may only post one image or gif per Wire post.
How to reply to a Wire post
- Locate the post you wish you respond to.
- Click Reply and a pop-up box will appear
- Insert text into text box under Create a Wire Post (Note: Remaining character limit is shown)
- Click Reply
How to view Wire posts written by a specific user
- Click on user's profile
- Click on the Wire posts tab on their main profile page
How to view Wire threads
- To view the whole conversation between users, locate the desired Wire post
- Click Thread below the post (Note: This option will only appear if the current post is a reply or has been replied to)
How to share content on the Wire
You can share Wire posts of other users.
- Click the share icon.
- Insert desired text into text box under Create a Wire Post to comment on the content (Note: remaining character limit is shown)
- Click Post