On GCconnex, you can create and post blogs for both group and GCconnex-wide access.
How to write a GCconnex-wide blog
- Select More from the main menu at the top of the page.
- Select Blogs from the drop-down menu.
- Select Add blog post from the main body of the page.
- Here you will be prompted to fill out information concerning your blog post (see below for more details).
- Click Publish to finish.
Tip: Please note that you are able to preview how your blog post will look before publishing by selecting Preview.
How to write a group blog post
If you are a member of a group, you can create blog posts within your group. These blogs are made much the same way as GCconnex-wide blogs except they must be created from the main page of the group you wish to post in. Some groups may not allow blogs because of owner group settings.
Open groups and Closed groups may also affect the privacy of your blog:
- Open groups have similar privacy settings as those of regular blogs with the exception of an extra privacy setting to restrict access to group members only.
- Blogs posted to Closed groups will usually have some privacy flexibility in accordance with group privacy settings made by the group's owner.
How to set blog details
Title - Enter a catchy title for your blog (in either one or both official languages).
Excerpt - Provides a brief summary about the blog.
Body - You blog is entered here. You will also be given editing options for your blog text.
Tags - Essentially, key words which reflect the purpose of your blog and are used to help users find your blog when conducting searches.
- Separate each tag with a comma and space
- Tags should be words or short phrases people will likely search when looking for a blog like yours
- While either English or French tags are accepted, you're encouraged to provide your tags bilingually so that as many people as possible are able to find your blog.
Comments - This is where you can choose whether you would like to allow other GCconnex users to comment on your blog. As GCconnex is a platform intended to support collaboration, this option is enabled by default.
- Only me: Only you can see this content – no other GCconnex user can view this content
- My Colleagues on GCconnex only: Only the GCconnex members you added as your colleagues can see this content
- All public servants: Any public servant on the GC network can see this content, even if they are not logged in to GCconnex.