To join a group on GCconnex, you must first log in to GCconnex. From there, find a group that meets your interests and join the group!
How to find a group
There are several ways to find the group you're looking for:
Find groups using the Groups tab.
- Click Groups in the menu at the top of the page.
- In the Search for groups box, enter your keyword(s) and click Go.
- Or, you can click one of the tabs to browse groups in the following categories:
- Newest: A list of newly created groups
- My Groups: A list of groups you are a member of
- Groups I own: A list of groups that you own
- Popular: A list pf groups with the most members.
- Alphabetical: All groups on GCconnex in alphabetical order
- Invitations: A list of groups you have been invited to with any pending invitations
Find groups using a colleague profile page
Browsing the profiles of colleagues who have similar interests, skill sets, or job duties can help you find groups that you might want to join. To find groups from a colleague's profile:
- Go to your profile page and select View All Colleagues (located in the My Colleagues box).
- Click on the name of the colleague whose profile page you would like to view.
- On their profile, look for their Groups widget. If you cannot see the Group Membership widget, your colleague may have hidden this information from his or her profile page.
- This will list some of the groups your colleague is a member of.
- Click View All Groups to see all of the groups your colleague is a member of.